Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The last hairs hanging on by a thread


I am losing my eyebrows and eyelashes. Literally. I don't know where they've gone.

When the hair on my head started falling out, I shaved my head and I still have the bag of my hair.

Every morning I wake up and I have fewer eyebrows and eyelashes. 

My oncologist told me that there was a chance my hair would grow back with this current batch of chemo.

It's not.


I don't normally wear make up, but since I have been bald, I've been wearing mascara and eyeliner. It makes me feel better, and this whole trip has been all about feeling better while feeling bad, physically and psychologically.
There are fewer and fewer eyelashes to apply mascara to. My eyebrows look like little smudges above my eyes.

Balder and balder.

And yes, I'm losing hair all over my body. My groinicological area looks like it did before puberty hit.

*******

Sunday I was not feeling well. I spent much of the day in bed, rereading a John Wyndham book (The Kraken Wakes) for the umpteenth time. I don't have the concentration, when feeling poorly, to read something new.

The same goes for television. I only want to see short episodes of something I've seen before and enjoyed.

*******

Last night when I left work, the four block walk up the my bus stop was very slow. Normally I'm a fast walker. 

When I got off my bus near home, I walked the three blocks to our house. I was exhausted and sat on the couch for a while before I could change into my pjs.

I was in bed by 7 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment