Monday, January 3, 2011

A bag of chemicals


Yesterday was the worst day so far, in terms of how I have felt physically.

I had chemotherapy on Thursday.


Henderson's photo via http://olg4.tumblr.com/
Saturday the spouse and I drove to Bellingham to trade/buy books at Henderson's. It was our holiday gift to ourselves as we didn't celebrate anything remotely akin to Christmas. 

Among other things, I came away with books by JG Ballard and David Grossman (I was captivated by See Under Love about 25 years ago), Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian cookbook, and a few books on making metal jewelry.

I felt fine. I had fun.

Then yesterday came along and my physical condition changed. My pulse was pounding, I felt like curling up and not doing anything. My symptoms were kind of like a flu without fever, fatigue, malaise, sweats, hot flashes (can't tell if this is because of chemo or because of menopause or because chemo's speeding menopause up), itchy eyes, etc.

Ugh.

I feel like a bag of chemicals, and not at all human.




No comments:

Post a Comment