Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Does this mask make me look fat?

I generally ride my bicycle to and from work. It's about eight or nine miles each way and there are a respectable number of hills in my commute.

I had surgery on November 1; what my surgeon called "a generous lumpectomy" and removal of some lymph nodes under my arm. I didn't work for two weeks afterward and started chemo a few weeks after that.

My oncologist told me I wouldn't feel like riding my bicycle once I started chemo, so I haven't ridden since late October.

I'm gaining weight because I'm not getting enough exercise and my appetite hasn't been too affected by treatment.

I'm wondering if I can get back on my bicycle.

On the other hand, treatment gives me an excuse to not ride in the rain and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment