Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two things...

Thing 1:

My father loved me. Of that I have no doubt.


He was a taciturn man, and didn't speak much of his love or why he loved me. The two compliments I remember him giving me about my looks were:

  1. You look good in hats.
  2. You have a nicely-shaped head.
My husband frequently repeats these phrases in jest to make me laugh, and to remind us of my father.

When I started telling people I would be going bald and when I started losing my hair, I was surprised how many people told me "You have a nicely-shaped head!"

It's wonderful and funny hearing this. I know Papa would laugh.

Thing 2:

I had an after-factory chest port inserted under my skin near my collarbone to ease the infusion of chemotherapy.

When it was installed, I asked if I could plug my Ipod into it. I figured my body could act as a resonater.

Yesterday my friend Carol Milne sent this to me because of a recent blog post of mine:

Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending upon cup and speaker size. This is considered a major social breakthrough because women complain about men staring at their breast and not listening to them.

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog on my search for info. Heading into chemo in 2 wks. My husband is more freaked than I am ("after 35 years of wondering what I'm going to do with you, now I'm wondering what I'd do without you"), and I've asked my 3 kids to design a henna tattoo to all put on my head. I texted them the iTit quote, and got laughs. As you say, gotta keep our sense of humor. Thanks, jacki in northern california

    ReplyDelete