Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Two short trips this morning

I had to go up to run a few errands this morning closer to the financial district, so took a tunnel bus to the University Street Station. I had my mask in my hand as I waited for the bus. The first bus was very crowded. I put on my mask and hopped on. Once off the bus, I threw away the mask and used hand sanitizer on my hands.

I'm turning into a germaphobe, which is the polar opposite of who I really am.

When my errands were done, I returned to the tunnel at Westlake Station. I caught a relatively empty train south to the International District/Chinatown Station, and put on a new mask as I stepped on the train. I figure that the number of riders shouldn't dictate whether or not I wear a mask.

Back in the office, I was talking to my coworkers about chemo on transit. I asked a few of them, "What should I do if I'm on the bus and I need to throw up?" My manager suggested I strategically sit next to someone with a satchel or handbag that I could use.

Funny manager.

I did put a couple of plastic bags in my beat-up anarchist bicycle messenger bag, in case I need to greet my guts.





1 comment:

  1. (I bet that was Tim.) Next time I fly, I'll grab a few "comfort bags" for you.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete