Friday, December 10, 2010

Where not to cast one's eyes when being told about cancer

Yesterday I told a friend I have cancer.









He immediately looked at my breasts.









For a few seconds, as I told him I had cancer and was on chemotherapy, his eyes kept going back and forth between my face and my breasts.





































Perhaps I should have squatted down to ensure eye contact.








I never used the word "breast" when
talking to him.



Enough about him.




A coworker who's chairing the "giving campaign" at work apparently swore on the grave of his dear old Uncle
Step-Daddy that he would shave his head if the agency met its goal of 70% of the employees participating in the campaign.

A few days ago he informed me that we made our goal and he's shaving his head on Wednesday.

It didn't take long for him to understand the opportunity he had, i.e. to join the ranks of the short-lived blond.

Someone from work sent me a photo of his blond bad-ass self. I predict a new mutant race of humans with badly bleached blond hair gone suddenly bald. Some will wear masks.

Now all I have to do is convince my coworker to also get henna tattoos.








2 comments:

  1. I think your manager deserves "messing" with.
    especially since you will be changing managers soon
    :)
    lynn-dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size. 
This is considered a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

    ReplyDelete